The FIBA BAT has issued an update of its procedural rules, which will apply to cases filed as from December 1, 2019.
Herewith 5 takeaways by CRESTA:
1. Advance on costs capped at €6k for cases up to €50k, respectively at €9k for cases up to €100k
2. Advance on costs reduced if the opponent does not participate in the proceedings
3. Awards without reasons for cases up to €50k, reasons can be requested for €3k
4. If a case is suspended for over 2 months, an abeyance fee of €500 per 6 months is due
5. If a case is terminated prior to the payment of the advance on costs, only the handling fee remains due, without further costs
Read it here
Feel free to explore CRESTA’S dedicated BAT section via www.basketballclaims.com.